5 Trip Tips
Before You Hit the Road, Try This!
- Plan your trip carefully and save big:
- Where are you going?
- What is the best way to reach your destination (car, plane, boat, train, bicycle)?
- What is the best way to return home?
- What is the most cost effective way to travel? (see Timing Is Everything below)
- Who is going with you?
- How long will you stay?
- Where is the best place to stay?
- What should you take with you? (see Travel Light below)
- Have you taken safety precautions? How will they affect your trip?
- Have you planned for the weather (blankets, de-icer, shovel, salt, water)?
- What will you wear?
Fortunately, even last minute planning can lead to savings and a more pleasant and safer trip
- Assess different modes of transportation, times of departure, routes to get you there and prices then select the best choice
- Hotwire, Priceline, TripAdvisor, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Travelzoo, etc.
- Drivers gas up for less
- Donít invite problems!
- Drivers and passengers make sure your car is fine tuned and ready to go before you begin your journey
- Before you go, find out where you can get gas, food, lodging and help (consider joining an auto club) along the way, especially on Sundays
- Drive safely
- Travel light:
- Leave all nonessential items at home. Take only what you need. Fewer items mean better gas mileage, less to keep track of and more flexibility and freedom
- But be sure to take everything you need
- Warning: Packing weapons, knives or threatening objects for air travel (commercial travel too) is a big NO-NO
- Timing is everything:
- If you leave and return at the right time you may save 25% or more
- Compare the cost of travel at different times and dates then adjust your travel accordingly
- Compare the cost of airlines, cruises, hotels and rental cars
- Use the Internet and save money
- Check the price of gas (see #12)
Why pay more? Drive the savings home.
Be a frugal traveler and save money Ė look for more ways to be frugal
There are many routes to each destination. Plan yours carefully. Enjoy the ride. Better safe than sorry, so drive safely.
Trip Tips ∑ Gas Savers ∑ Rush Hour
Business ∑ Yard Sales ∑ Food ∑ The Consumer Challenge
Travel $ ∑ Gift Ideas ∑ Mood ∑ Travel Resources ∑ Home ∑ Top
© Copyright by Arthur A. Hawkins II. All rights reserved.